Dog Friendly Policy
Dewey Beach is dog-friendly! In fact, we’re the most dog-friendly Delaware beach with many dog events throughout the year. Several of our vacation rentals welcome canine guests with a fee of $150 per dog. Find Dewey Beach dog-friendly rentals:
Except where permission has been received from Owner’s Agent, no other types of pets are permitted. See full dog policy below.
- All dogs must comply with the following specifications (documentation) from an accredited veterinarian and must be provided by Guest upon request.
- Max not to exceed 50 (fifty) lbs.
- Must be at least 2 years of age or older.
- Must be spayed or neutered.
- Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- Guest must clean up any/all pet refuse.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets must be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pets must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages occur, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Dogs may not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet must not be left unattended on balcony, patio or porch.
- Homeowner is not responsible for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- Guest should obtain a Town of Dewey Beach dog license before taking dogs on the beach. More information is available at www.townofdeweybeach.com
- If you need veterinary services during regular business hours, please call:
If TENANT wishes to cancel his/her reservation, OWNER’S AGENT will make refunds (with allowance for minimal administrative fees) as follows:
- Full refund of rental fee deposit if cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the check-in date. (Refund does not include the 3% Administration Fee).
- Up to 70% of the rental fee only if the OWNER’S AGENT is able to re-rent the premises during the rental term when a cancellation is received in writing during the 60 days prior to the check-in date.
- Administration fee is NOT refundable regardless of cancellation of reservation.