DOG FRIENDLY Policy
Dewey Beach is dog-friendly! In fact, we’re the most dog-friendly Delaware beach with many dog events throughout the year. Several of our vacation rentals welcome canine guests with a fee of $150 per dog. Find Dewey Beach dog-friendly rentals:
Except where permission has been received from Owner’s Agent, no other types of pets are permitted. See full dog policy below.
- All dogs must comply with the following specifications (documentation) from an accredited veterinarian and must be provided by Guest upon request.
- Max not to exceed 50 (fifty) lbs.
- Must be at least 2 years of age or older.
- Must be spayed or neutered.
- Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- Guest must clean up any/all pet refuse.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets must be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pets must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages occur, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Dogs may not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet must not be left unattended on balcony, patio or porch.
- Homeowner is not responsible for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- Guest should obtain a Town of Dewey Beach dog license before taking dogs on the beach. More information is available at www.townofdeweybeach.com
- If you need veterinary services during regular business hours, please call:
While Dewey Beach is open for travel, people are rightly concerned about the cleanliness of their vacation rentals. We have always prided ourselves and our professional housekeeping team on careful inspections and serious deep cleaning, however, during these times, we hope that our upgraded standard cleaning protocols empower you to trust that we are providing a safe and healthy environment for you, your family and friends now more than ever. Each property is professionally deep cleaned and disinfected after every stay and we are taking extra care to disinfect high touch areas between stays, providing a selection of recommended cleaning products for guests’ use. Guests are asked to provide their own sheets, blankets and towels(please note that we do have a concierge service where we can order these and other items upon request). We are also providing a contactless check-in procedure where we set up check-in prior to arrival. It is of utmost importance that you feel safe while staying at our properties and we want to assure you that our cleaning protocols have been updated to ensure your safety while renting with Dewey Vacation Rentals.
If TENANT wishes to cancel his/her reservation, OWNER’S AGENT will make refunds (with allowance for minimal administrative fees) as follows:
- Full refund of rental fee deposit if cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the check-in date. (Refund does not include the 3% Administration Fee).
- Up to 70% of the rental fee only if the OWNER’S AGENT is able to re-rent the premises during the rental term when a cancellation is received in writing during the 60 days prior to the check-in date.
- Administration fee is NOT refundable regardless of cancellation of reservation.