DOG FRIENDLY POLICY
Dewey Beach is dog-friendly! In fact, we’re the most dog-friendly Delaware beach with many dog events throughout the year. Several of our vacation rentals welcome canine guests with a fee of $150 per dog. Find Dewey Beach dog-friendly rentals:
Except where permission has been received from Owner’s Agent, no other types of pets are permitted. See full dog policy below.
- All dogs must comply with the following specifications (documentation) from an accredited veterinarian and must be provided by Guest upon request.
- Max not to exceed 50 (fifty) lbs.
- Must be at least 2 years of age or older.
- Must be spayed or neutered.
- Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- Guest must clean up any/all pet refuse.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets must be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pets must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages occur, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Dogs may not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet must not be left unattended on balcony, patio or porch.
- Homeowner is not responsible for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- Guest should obtain a Town of Dewey Beach dog license before taking dogs on the beach. More information is available at www.townofdeweybeach.com
- If you need veterinary services during regular business hours, please call:
- Rehoboth Beach Animal Hospital: 20259 Coastal Hwy, Rehoboth Beach 302-227-2009
- Savannah Animal Hospital (incl 24 Hour Emergency Hospital): 33818 Wescoats Corner Road, Lewes, 302-645-8757
We know how important your four-legged family members are and hope you enjoy your dog-friendly Delaware beach rental!
***** UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC ****
Because we’re all about looking on the positive side, we want to believe that our Delaware beaches, bars and restaurants will soon open. We want to believe that your vacation in Summer 2020 will be more important to you and yours than ever before.
While you might be uncertain of plans in the near future, the time is now to play it safe and at least book with us, reserving your favorite property at the beach at a time that best works for you, your family and friends. Rolling with the times, we’re going with a far more flexible cancellation policy where you can wait until almost “the last minute” (one week prior to check in date) to cancel due to COVID-19 related government mandated restrictions. We will offer a full refund should you not be able to travel if reservation is cancelled seven (7) days prior to check in.
Dewey Vacation Rentals enforces a strict cancellation policy. If TENANT wishes to cancel his/her reservation, OWNER”S AGENT will make refunds as follows:
a. 100% of rental fee deposit if cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the check-in date.
b. Up to 70% of the rental fee only if the OWNER’S AGENT is able to re-rent the premises during the rental term when a cancellation is received in writing during the 60 days prior to the check-in date.
c. Administration fee is NOT refundable regardless of cancellation of reservation.